Finally, Xiaomi unveiled its secret weapon with its sub-brand POCO F1 yesterday. And after the launch consumers as well as the competitors of Xiaomi in the Indian market are thrilled about this device. In a single line, Xiaomi is offering top of the line specifications at an aggressive price under the hood of the sub-brand POCO.
Outstanding Level Specifications
Let’s see the specifications of the phone first
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform with Adreno 630 GPU(DEADLY COMBO)
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with up to 256GB with microSD
- The fingerprint sensor, IR face unlock
- 6.18-inch (2246 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18.7:9 2.5D curved glass display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 84% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX363 sensor, Dual Pixel autofocus, a secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac HD, Dual Smart PA
- Dual 4G+ VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charger as box content and Type-C Port
POCO F1 Design
Maybe the design is the only thing where POCO F1 is compromised. It is coming with the notched display but the notch size is bigger than other notched display. Because Xiaomi is housing an IR sensor in that notch to give you a safer face unlock experiences like iPhone X or MI 8. Because of this IR sensor, POCO F1 will be able to unlock the device even the dark condition. If you don’t like the face unlock then fingerprint sensor is also present on the back of the device.
The screen of this phone is coming with an 18.7:9 aspect ratio which is lesser than the other competitive devices in this price range. And also it has a comparatively bigger chin. Now Xiaomi also removed the IR Blaster on this device. POCO F1 is coming with polycarbonate back panel and 3 new colors. It has a special edition with a Kevlar-back which is named as Armoured edition.
The main feature of the Pocophone F1 is the liquid cooling technology. Mainly we can see this kind of technology in the Samsung’s Note 9 and other premium flagship devices to keep the chipset cool so that the phone can perform a heavy task for a longer period. Xiaomi claimed that POCO F1 supports dual 4G LTE band and it is coming with a 4G+ technology which will improvise the call quality over the VOLTE even if you have a weak connectivity.
POCO is coming with Android’s latest version and MIUI For POCO skin which is developed on the Xiaomi’s own MIUI and have some cool new features. First of all, the customer will get an app drawer option in the UI. Besides that AI category of apps, Color search and many other features. POCO F1 both the front and rear cameras will have the AI option and bokeh mode. Xiaomi promised Android P Update on this device by the Q4 of this year. And they have also mentioned that POCO users will get the security patches of Android in every 2 months.
- 6 GB + 64 GB: Rs 20,999
- 6 GB + 128 GB: Rs 23,999
- 8 GB + 256 GB: Rs 28,999
- Poco F1 Armoured Edition: 8 GB + 256 GB for 29,999
POCO F1 will be a Flipkart exclusive and sell will start on 29th August 12:00 PM. According to Xiaomi you will get Rs. 1000 Off on each of the model of POCO F1 on the first sell using HDFC credit/debit card.
The POCO F1 offers a very robust package with a good camera, fantastic internals and a pretty good build at a price that is hard to beat. Obviously, this is going to be a nightmare for Honor Play, Huawei Nova 3i, Asus Zenfone 5Z, Honor View 10, Huawei Nova 3 and especially for One Plus 6. If you want a flagship experience and don’t want to invest more than 30k then this device is for you.