Finally today (21st August 2018) HMD Global launched the Nokia’s first phone with a notched design and 19:9 aspect ratio in India. For a company as young as HMD Global, they’ve sure come a long way. We found the Nokia launched some excellent products like Nokia 7 Plus or Nokia 8 Sirocco with a focus on build quality, design and stock Android of course. With the Nokia 6.1 Plus, we’re noticing the same level of refinement at an even more affordable price point. Follow along as we check out Nokia 6.1 plus in our full review.
Nokia 6.1 Plus Design
Remember the glass sandwich design of the Nokia 8 Sirocco edition? Well, the company has followed the same design guidelines on the 6.1 Plus. The front and the back are made of toughened Gorilla Glass 3. The front is essentially an all screen device. Yes, the phone has a notch at the top and a small chin at the bottom. We found the branding of Nokia on the lower chin.
The bezels at the sides are satisfactorily minimal and the phone is exceedingly comfortable to hold. The right side has the volume rocker and power button. Along the bottom edge is the USB Type C port alongside the speaker grille. In typical Nokia fashion, the buttons have excellent tactile feedback. The left side has a hybrid SIM slot while at the top you’ll find the 3.5mm audio jack. Flip over to the back and you’ll find a centrally mounted dual camera array. Below it is the fingerprint scanner. Overall the phone looks stunningly Beautiful.
- 5.8-inch (2280 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio with 96% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM, 64GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 400GB with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android P
- 16MP (RGB) rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size, EIS, 5MP (Monochrome) secondary rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.2um pixel size
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0um pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 47.2 x 70.98 x 7.99~8.59mm; Weight: 151g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, Type-C
- 3060mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
Now seeing the pricing we can say that this device will give a tough competition with rival brands such as Xiaomi, Honor, and Motorola slated to bring new mid-range phones in coming weeks in India, Nokia 6.1 Plus Android One will help HMD Global make further inroads in the highly competitive Indian market.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus is a damn fine smartphone we can say. The sandwich glass design alone makes it a winner and it is hard to imagine this as a device priced at Rs. 15,999. The stock build of Android and Nokia’s proven commitment to fast upgrades to help make a case for the phone. The specs aren’t anything special, but they’re sufficient to keep pace with the competition. We are happy to see the Nokia’s aggressive pricing. Nokia 6.1 Plus will be a Flipkart exclusive product but you will be able to buy it from Nokia.com/phones as well from 30th August 2018.
Please comment down below and let us know, what do you like in this device and what is not. And keep following us and we will come back with the full review of this phone soon.